Sunday, May 18, 2008

Family Festivities at the Frog Farm


Spring has officially arrived -- I know because our window well full of frogs is HOPPING with activity! (quit rolling your eyes....)

The kids had feared that our "frog farm" had gone belly up over the winter, and were so excited to see them re-emerge from the depths of the soil. Actually, I have no earthly idea what they do all winter, but I'm guessing they bury themselves deep and hibernate like a bear.... For all I know, they head to Daytona.

A few years back we discovered a couple of frogs that had ended up in our window well. Over time, their family has grown -- at last count, there were 7. One for each of us, even Peanut! I'm going to name mine Francesca Frog, I think.

Anyhoo, there was much celebration and frolicking with the frogs yesterday. The kids had fun finding bugs to toss down to the frogs, calling it their "Frog Thanksgiving Dinner". It's the simple things in life, don't you think?!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Can't wait to see your little frog farm when we come.