If you're part of the Facebook world, you've no doubt seen these random lists posted. Since I have absolutely nothing fascinating to blog about, I thought I'd share MY list of 25 absolutely random things about me:
1. I'm an Ohio girl who had never lived out of state until I married (at age 28).
2. In our 15 years of marriage, we have lived in 5 states. All the glamorous ones: Ohio, Illinois, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas.
3. I grew up in church and accepted Jesus as my savior at the age of 6. Our family was super involved in our church, with my dad serving as a deacon + music director & my mom playing the piano + teaching Sunday School. Every Sat. our entire family cleaned the church, and I hated it.
4. Before meeting Greg, I had a turbulent dating life and was actually engaged to someone else for a short time.
5. My little sister, Amy, is my best friend in the whole world.... although we pretty much hated each other while growing up. She's 5 years younger than me.
6. I also have 2 big brothers -- one still in Ohio, the other in Houston. Most of our family is still in Ohio.
7. Because my high school was so large & intimidating, I tended to be shy and feel insecure. To this day, I won't go back for reunions, because I'm convinced no one would remember me.
8. I've come out of my shell just a little since then! Credit goes to Greg for playing a key role in re-building my self-image and confidence.
9. Before marriage, I worked as a legal assistant for 10 years. Go figure -- I was always the one planning the Friday pizza party or baby picture contest, just to make life more interesting.
10. I like to laugh. Laughing's my favorite! I find humor in just about everything and have to restrain myself from blurting out all the punch lines swirling in my pea brain.
11. I'm VERY prone to cabin fever.
12. My senior year in high school, I was the State Champion in ..... shorthand. (really!)
13. I always wanted to have 4 kids, just like I grew up with. However, I didn't think we actually would, as we were both .... well ..... less than young to begin with!
14. It bothers me if the t.v. volume level is not on an even number -- I have no idea why. (can you say OCD?)
15. In earlier years, I aspired to be part of the "Go-Go's" girl band -- but would have settled for the Bangles.
16. During my early 20's I saw Prince in concert during his Purple Rain tour.
17. I'm drawn to any kind of creative reality show .... Project Runway's my absolute favorite!
18. Even though I know it's irrational, deep down I want to be everyone's BEST friend. (call me!)
19. I'm beginning to doubt that I'll ever make the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.
20. In our first few years of marriage, Greg worked for American Airlines and we got to take many inexpensive trips. New England, South Carolina, San Diego, Orlando, Cancun, Hawaii (Maui) and Paris were among our favorite destinations.
21. I'd love to visit New York City. Can I borrow your can of mace?
22. I never thought of myself as selfish or especially impatient UNTIL I had kids.
23. I'm watching the Miss America pageant while I type this and secretly hope to see their thighs jiggle during the swimsuit competition.
24. I'm a chronic people pleaser and an approval junkie -- is that okay?
25. I'd love to be used of the Lord in Christian Comedy to bless others, and truly hope that ministry takes off and grows. To me, there's no better feeling than hearing laughter in response to my humor!