A dear friend, Alisa, sent me this list which I have slightly altered and wanted to share:
Think about them one at a time before going on to the next one.
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A piping hot shower on a chilly morning.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. The season premier of your favorite t.v. show.
6. Getting "fun" mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. A book so good you can't put it down.
12. A bubble bath.
14. The beach.
15. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
16. Laughing at yourself.
17. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you.
18. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
19. Running through sprinklers.
20. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
21. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
22. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS
23. Overhearing someone say something nice about you.
24. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
25. Your first kiss.
26. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
27. Playing with a new puppy or kitten.
28. Having someone play with your hair or scratch your back.
29. Sweet dreams.
30. Hot chocolate.
31. Road trips with friends.
32. Watching your child succeed.
33. Swinging on swings.
34. Making chocolate chip cookies.
35. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
36. Holding hands with someone you care about.
37. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things never change.
38. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.
39. Watching the sunrise.
40. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
41. Knowing that somebody misses you.
42. Finding that item you wanted so much but held off buying, NOW on the clearance rack!
43. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
44. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what.
45. Praying with your child to invite Jesus into their hearts.
What about YOU? What "simple pleasures" in life give you a natural high? I'd love for you to leave a comment and share!
Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth.