Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Joy in the Morning

Weeping may last for the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5

THANK YOU, LORD, for keeping this promise and comforting my kids' hearts. They bounded out of bed this morning, excited to head back to school. I couldn't believe that there wasn't even a mention of the kittens this morning! Even when I kept saying, "Isn't it SAD that the kittens are GONE?" and "I'll bet we'll never see them again". Because I'm compassionate.

Seriously, it was interesting to observe how all our kids dealt with their grief differently.

* Allison curled up in the fetal position on the couch, facing away from everyone, and quietly cried.

* Holly went outside and sat by herself, struggling to hold in the tears.

* Evan weeped and wailed on the loveseat -- and I'm fairly certain he would have torn his clothes and sat in ashes had it dawned on him.

* Natalie wouldn't let the remaining kitten out of her sight and held it close until bed time. (that last kitten is "spoken for" and will be leaving soon)

* Greg was obviously in denial, as he pretended to NOT care that much. His pain must run DEEP and may very well surface disguised as rage and frustration during an Ohio State football game.

Aren't you glad that God cares about whatever burdens we may be carrying, no matter their size?! His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

No comments: