Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Calling Daniel Son

As luck would have it, we arrived in Louisiana just in time for Evan and Natalie to be Bethany's guests (victims) at karate class. Here they patiently wait for class to start -- you may notice Bethany smiling broadly ...... because she KNOWS what they're in for!




Now, my kids have seen Karate Kid, and probably expected to be waxing someone's vehicle or perhaps trying their hand at catching a fly mid-air with chopsticks........

However, the teacher (who was downright scary to me) had a different agenda in mind. Think hard core ..... sort of like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Toddler.

Here, she assists Bethany in completing her 370th sit-up, grunting
"Yes, Ma'am" between each.













My little sis assures me that the teacher is a sweetheart -- but she does have a tough classroom style. I found myself watching with clenched teeth, thinking "DO IT RIGHT, NATALIE, OR SHE'S GOING TO BE ON YOU LIKE STINK ON ...." well, never mind what I thought.

For the record, Evan was holding his own until Bethany did an illegal sweep of his leg and took him out. His only retaliation, of course, was the one-legged, arms-in-the-air-like-a-zombie move.

At one point, the Lord of the Dojo commanded all the parents to come on the floor and assist their children in forming the proper foot position to most effectively kick the bajeebies out of their foes.

I was too terrified to move, so I in turn, utilized the "trickle down theory" and commanded my nephew, Garrison, to go work with Natalie on the mat.

Bethany loves karate and takes class very seriously. I fully expect her to be able to kick her aunt's rump any time now.
I'm feeling a Karate Kid III in the can soon!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Wow, I was getting nervous just reading it...