Tuesday, April 29, 2008

She's Just Not THAT In To Me

Friends, I'm in deep. I'm involved in a one-sided love affair.

Her name is like poetry in my ears, the lovely Peanut Sophia .... the object of my undying and devoted affection.

As is evidenced by the photo, I suspect her affections lie elsewhere. Is it just me, or does she look like she'd like to run away like I'm PePe LePew? Film doesn't lie -- except in pictures where I look larger than I really am.

Peanut & I had a beautiful, tender relationship, full of cuddles and purring.... But it all changed when she ran away (or MAYBE she was lost & searching for me the whole time) and came home 3 days later copping a major attitude. Between you & me, I suspect our delicate & naive darling was deflowered by the tom cat, Runt, next door during her, um, disoriented days. (That's just WRONG to lose your innocence to ANYONE called Runt)


I've begged her to join me in counselling, but she just stares blankly at me. It's time to face the music. In fact, I got out the guitar and belted out a heart-felt rendition of "I can't make you love me" by Bonnie Raitt, and still ....... nothing. I swear she physically tried to roll her eyes at me when I rolled right in to "When a Woman Loves a Kitty", by Michael Bolton.

I'm beginning to think that she just hangs around for her Kibbles & Bits. And photo shoots wearing baby doll bibs (see post below)!

1 comment:

karen pruitt said...

Could it be, oh could it be that your precious, innocent Peanut Sophia is expecting? Say it isn't so! Good luck with that and no, the Pruitts do not need another kitty.