Sunday, April 6, 2008

Oh, What a Beautiful Sunday!!

Wow, this day is just gorgeous! So why am I sitting on my couch blogging, you might wonder.....hmmmm, I dunno.

But as I look out my picture window, I imagine that if I were to go outside and start singing like Snow White, I'd likely have birds swirling around and perching on my extended pointer finger. Maybe even a butterfly or two.

You know, back in the day, I actually donned a Snow White get-up for a Halloween party. Yep, I even sewed my own costume with stand-up white collar and everything! I'm talking red headband, red shoes with bows, even the all-important prop of holding an apple. At the risk of sounding conceited, I could have easily served as Snow White's body double on the set.

At the costume party, my friends got bored and we ended up in a gritty, dingy cowboy bar. Yes, a cowboy bar .... dressed as Snow White. With 99 percent of the people dressed up as, well, cowboys. And convincing ones at that. "Which of these ladies, doesn't belong here?" as they would sing on Sesame Street. I remember one cowboy suggesting that he ought to "kiss me and wake me up" ewwwwww!

Ahhhh, memories.

Followed by thoughts of "what were we thinking?" Lots of thoughts like that, actually.

On that note, I think I'll actually GO outside. Now where's my apple?

1 comment:

Marla said...

Sharon - I just had a belly laugh in the totally quiet empty kitchen. Hillarious! Love ya, Marla