Sunday, March 29, 2009

Birthday on a Budget

Evan celebrated his birthday last week with 3 of his best buds. They started out at our house for hot dogs & birthday cake .... then my hubby took them to watch a Wichita State University baseball game.

This party was so easy & inexpensive! For starters, all I had to do was make a simple round cake & decorate it like a baseball. Then, I grabbed Evan's sports themed quilt off his bed to use as a tablecloth. Finally, I "shopped" the garage for assorted sports equipment, stuffed them artistically in a basket, complete with a sports page.
It's a tradition at our house that first you take a "nice" picture, then the next picture everyone can make a CRAZY face!
Hey, it's the simple things in life, right?

1 comment:

Christi said...

Looks like fun! I love your creativity!