Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Didn't Mean to Keep you Hangin'

I just realized I neglected to post about my recent trip to Philly! Thanks for your patience....

For those of you who don't know me very well, I'm an "event" girl. By that, I mean that I live for the next exciting (and fun) outing, happening, gathering, gig -- you get the idea!
So, it was such a bright spot in my ordinary, hum-drum calendar to be able to fly to Philly to visit my dear, dear buddy -- Karen!
This is their awesome new house, which we had such fun decorating. It's located in a cool neighborhood with hills & big lots.

Here we are, tackling all 60+ miles of the King of Prussia Mall. We needed a GPS to find our way around that place!
Speaking of GPS, Philly was a confusing place to navigate! Karen literally needs her GPS to find her way to church -- and her husband is the pastor there! I laughed at that .... UNTIL I made the trek to church with her, and realized she wasn't exaggerating at all!

Everyone should be so blessed to have wonderful friends as I do! It was a great get-away, where we laughed, ate, shopped, ate again while laughing, and then slept in. All in all: PARADISE!

(insert "These are a Few of my Favorite Things" tract)

Isn't my Karen the most beautifulest of them all?! I was flattered when someone asked if we were sisters .... although Karen reacted by bursting into tears and running from the room. Hmmmm, wonder what that was about? She's just as pretty on the inside, and I love & miss her lots!

3 comments:

Christi said...

We miss them too, glad you had a fun time!

Anonymous said...

Love you, girl! Time for another visit, I'd say. You left out some important details of your trip...sleeping with Annie, your first Philly Cheesesteak, and the constant downpouring of rain.

Have a great Monday!! Guess what...it's raining...AGAIN!

Karen in Philly

MY PINK BUBBLE said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time!
I miss them so much!